• Graduate F-1 Admissions Process

    1. COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS: Each university attended must be submitted to the Office of Admissions upon your arrival to campus. You must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last institution attended. We require that you have your official transcripts evaluated by an outside evaluation service if the official transcript is not in English. Evaluations need to be a course by course evaluation. 
      Foreign College transcripts are required to be evaluated directly from an evaluation service affiliated with the National Association of Credit Evaluation Services (NACES). For a listing of NACES member organizations and their contact information, please visit www.naces.org/members.htm.
      - SPANTRAN EVALUATION gives a special rate to prospective UWA students at this link:  SpanTran Application for the University of West Alabama
      One unofficial college transcript from each university attended may be uploaded in PDF format and emailed to admitme@uwa.edu.
      If you are offered admission, one official transcript from each university needs to be mailed to UWA.
      Any mailed items should be sent to: Attention: Vicky Xu University of West Alabama, Office of Admissions, Station 4 Livingston, AL 35470
      Questions concerning the procedures for admission may be sent to Vicky Xu xum@uwa.edu.
    2. COPY OF PASSPORT: We accept an uploaded PDF copy, email to xum@uwa.edu . The Passport must be valid with an expiration date of no less than 6 months from the start date of the term.
      Required banks statement of $23,800 for the 2017-2018 school year quoted on the Statement of Financial Support is the total estimated cost a foreign student will incur during an academic year (2 semesters) at the University of West Alabama. This amount includes expenses for tuition, fees, room and board, books and supplies, International Student Health insurance, and most other personal expenses.
      Download the UWA Financial Statement Form here.  It must be completed by your sponsor, indicating his/her willingness to finance your education.  We accept an uploaded PDF copy (email to xum@uwa.edu).
      DEPENDENT INFORMATION (If applicable): If your spouse and/or children are coming with you, we will need a copy of all dependent passports. Only a spouse or children may be claimed as dependents. We accept uploaded PDF copies (email to xum@uwa.edu).